Tooke® Gage Body Transplants
We can make him better than he was.
Better, stronger, faster.“
(–Quote from "The Bionic Man" TV show)
(Well-okay-so, your gauge won't actually be made
stronger and faster, but it will certainly be better.)
Does your Tooke® Gage look like
either of these?
It can look like this!
Update your Tooke Gage by having your scope put into a new body with new (and a few better-designed) parts to replace your current gauge body. This surgery … er … procedure requires an old-style microscope in a Tooke Gage body. Either OG214 plastic body or OG212 metal body can be chosen.
Your microscope has to look like this:
But it can’t look like these:
- “Universal” scope The current “universal” scope (below left) can be replaced under the Scope Swap program with a new custom-designed, custom-manufactured Dual-Measure scope.
- “Unconverted” scope The decades-old “unconverted” scope (below right) cannot be swapped out in the swap program because it can't be modified for use in a new Tooke Gage body. (The old OG232 round/cylindrical laboratory Tooke Gage scope also cannot be modified for re-use.)
Body Transplant Details
Move your Dual-Measure scope or your old-style English or metric scope into a new body.
- Your old scope will be disassembled and the reticle and eyepiece lenses (if they need it) will be cleaned (RE1112 Disassemble and clean scope: regular price: $79)
- Your cleaned scope will be installed in a new blue-anodized body with new fittings; or in a new black plastic body with new fittings.
- Your old cutting tips (if you send any in) will be moved to the new body. (Please note that new tips are not included in a body transplant.)
- Your upgraded Tooke Gage will be returned in a new plastic carry case with spares: LED bulb, wrench, indelible marker, two batteries (part # OG200-case: regular price $39), and a technical data sheet. (You can also print the data sheet from this website.)
Note: All scopes are validated against NIST-traceable gage blocks before release to customers. With a Body Transplant you can get a calibration with a certificate (RE1113 Evaluate, calibrate (OEM), and certify scope optics: regular price $135) for a discounted price of $65.
- The Technical Data Sheet for the OG212 and OG214 Tooke Gage is available to be printed on 8-1/2-by-11-inch and A4-sized paper.
- A detailed explanation of the geometry of the Tooke Gage called “ Measuring: the Geometry of the Tooke Gage” is available.
In the American coatings industry, the word gauge is usually spelled “gage.” Because the Tooke® Gage is – and always
has been – known by this spelling, I have used that spelling in the proper name of the gauge, but not elsewhere.